Inventory Management Analyst
The Inventory Management Analyst position requires a flexible individual with strong attention to detail, critical thinking, excellent communication and writing skills. This dynamic individual will be a key resource in supporting the inventory management and planning department with physical inventory management, inventory research and analytical reporting. All inventory functions done in accordance with policies and guidelines set forth by Power Distributors.
- Manage daily cycle count process in CODIS for Power Distributors distribution centers
- Review and take action on daily backorders for key accounts
- Perform data analysis to determine optimal inventory balances by distribution point nationally
- Identify and recommend and inter-warehouse inventory transfers in CODIS
- Responsible for daily research and investigation of inventory discrepancies & issues
- Generate obsolete/overstock inventory reports (24 Month reports) and communicate to appropriate personnel
- Develop, monitor and recommend optimized inventory bin locations to improve productivity, maximize space utilization, reduce operational costs and improve worker safety
- Research transactional history in the system to identify errors/mistakes or trends; suggest corrective actions
- Coordinate and manage yearly inventory audits with audit firm and accounting team
- Analyze monthly inventory and service level results and review with management
- Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary to address issues, opportunities and facilitate decision making
- Participates in weekly and monthly in season business management meetings, presenting analysis, calling out issues and action items
- Assist in inventory management/departmental special projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Detail oriented with strong managerial, planning, organization and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
- Ability to participate actively in cross-functional initiatives and projects
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry practices and current trends
- 10+ years of purchasing and planning experience, operations experience an asset.
- Willing to travel up to 10% - 15% of the time
- An in depth knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes and current best practices.
- Display a solid judgment to know what is appropriate for the company size/scope.
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees will be required to follow and perform any other job related instruction and duties by their supervisor.
This document is not intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; rather employment is on an at-will basis.