Power Distributors – Distribution Center Operations Manager
The Distribution Center Operations Manager is responsible for the success of assigned functions within a distribution center environment ensuring it is an outstanding place to work. The DC Operations Manager areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following: Inbound Operations (unloading and receiving), Warehouse Operations (batch pick, pick-pack, CODIS pack-out), Outbound Operations (small parcel, LTL and FTL shipments), Transportation Operations (carrier relations) and/or Inventory Management (e.g. daily cycle counts and audits). The DC Operations Manager works with the Vice President, Distribution and Logistics to develop strategies and objectives to maximize productivity and leverage expenses for the Power Distributors distribution center. DC Operations Managers must analyze trends, solve problems, motivate, and develop themselves and associates in order to maximize contribution to the DC success - typically manages through several supervisors to achieve results from warehouse associates.
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution, maintenance operations
- Monitor warehouse design and make appropriate changes to maximize space utilization
- Ensure that all orders submitted by 5:00 pm are shipped the same day
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the HR Department, deliver the appropriate disciplinary action to warehouse associates when necessary.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping rules and regulations
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Oversee daily cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy and control
- Maintain proficiency in small parcel and LTL shipping via ProShip TMS
- Plan work schedules, monitor and maintain appropriate personnel levels, and conduct associate's annual reviews
- Provide orientation, training, and coaching for new employees
- Produce reports and statistics (CODIS) on an as needed basis
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Be open to and embrace change; Help individuals overcome resistance to change
- Communicate with clarity both verbally and in writing (i.e. email) using proper business language and grammar
- Operate with integrity, demonstrate honesty; keep commitments; behave in a consistent manner
- Take action to improve organizational culture, processes, or products/services; establish and encourage others to achieve a best practice
- Monitor team performance and take action to keep the team on track; offer the team own personal time; help in overcoming barriers
- Ensure warehouse strategies are carried out; monitor results and make adjustments as needed
- Constantly work to improve the dock to stock inventory cycle
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field is preferred; a high school diploma or equivalent is required
- 5+ years’ related warehousing and supervisory experience, preferably within a similar pick-pack environment
- Strong leadership, effective communication skills, and problem-solving ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to become proficient in company software; CODIS experience preferred
- Working experience with warehouse transportation systems (TMS) such as ProShip; experience with RF scanners and Zebra label printers
- Experience in establishing and monitoring safety protocols and procedures
- Ability to understand and speak Spanish is preferred
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all Power Distributors roles, tasks and responsibilities; models Power Distributors values.
- Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the DC; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties all loose ends.
- Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in which excellent service is provided to all customers; sees business through the eyes of the customer.
- Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
- Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and long-term.
- Ability to travel regularly, up to 5% of the time (training and warehousing meetings)
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees will be required to follow and perform any other job-related instruction and duties by their supervisor. This document is not intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; rather appointment is on an at-will basis.