Power Distributors, LLC is the Sales and Distribution arm for Briggs and Stratton, the leading manufacturer of air-cooled gasoline engines and parts for outdoor power equipment. Briggs and Stratton engines are incorporated into products for both the consumer market and industrial/commercial applications. We are also responsible for the sales and marketing of Briggs and Stratton Power Products including consumer and commercial generators, consumer and commercial pressure washers. Power Distributors also distributes Oregon Equipment Parts, Oregon Forestry products and several other allied parts lines.
We are looking for a proven leader in training to join our team and help us take our performance to the next level. The Manager of training, safety and compliance will be responsible for nine distribution centers across the United States. Responsibilities include training, job observations, accident prevention, loss control, audits and regulatory compliance. This manager must be able to produce results through effective process development, training and program implementation and safety and health programs. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Distribution & Logistics.
The Manager, Training, Safety and Compliance must be able to drive safe performance practices while working with warehouse and distribution operators, manager/supervisors and office personnel. Incumbent must be able to work collaboratively and in support of the Human Resource Department, and communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Develop comprehensive, measurable goals for each team member that drive results.
- Create a culture where exceptional people desire to work to their highest level and are appreciated for their performance
- Effectively communicate and promote team member development
- Champions’ efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes as they pertain to areas of responsibility and total company. Identifies problems and proposes solutions to other members of senior management.
- Conducts audits ensuring all required inspections and documentation are completed accurately (including, but not limited to, local, state and federal requirements, OSHA, DOT etc.) and retained to ensure a minimum potential for loss.
- Monitors the condition and maintenance of the warehouses, maintenance services, equipment, software, HVAC systems, fire protection, and office by ensuring that all are kept consistent with the safety, security, sanitation and appearance standards set by Power Distributors in an effort to reduce or eliminate operations related injuries or accidents, damage/loss of product or equipment, and unnecessary costs. Ensures contingency systems/practices/protocols are in place to eliminate business disruption.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or a closely related field required (or equivalent combination of education and related experience).
- 7 years Operations management experience.
- Experience with Lean principles or Six Sigma.
- Must be an effective trainer, communicator and coach for employees, supervisors and management personnel.
- Maintain safe and positive work environments in compliance with OSHA, DOT, internal operations audits, company standards, and local, state and federal requirements.
- Must be proficient with computers and related technology as well as typical business software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Professional safety related certification preferred but not required (e.g., CRM, CSP, CIH).
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization as required.
- Attention to detail, ingenuity, teamwork, and passion to exceed the goals of the company.
- Ability to deal with problems involving confidentiality and complex situations and personnel.
- Must be fit-for-duty and able to travel to multiple locations.
- Requires flexibility and the ability to travel regularly, up to 50% of the time.
Industry-leading compensation and benefits package, including:
- Base salary starting range between 60-70 thousand dollars annually commensurate with experience.(paid bi-weekly)
- Annual performance bonus as a percent of base pay
- Annual review and merit increase
- Health insurance and 401K plan with company match
- Exceptional initial and ongoing training and support
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees will be required to follow and perform any other job-related instruction and duties by their supervisor. This document is not intended to create an employment contract, implied or otherwise; rather appointment is on an at-will basis.
Base salary starting range between 55-60 thousand dollars annually.(paid bi-weekly)